What is the longest words in the english dictionary? and what does it mean?
Longest word in English - Wikipedi
- The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis
- Part of Speech: noun. Definition: a type of cadence in medieval music. Fun Fact: While this word might not look as impressive as others on this list, it's the longest word in the English language to be composed entirely of vowels. (It's also the word with the longest string of vowels.) 12
- abstentious. This 11-letter word, abstentious, is considered the longest word that features the vowels in alphabetic order exactly ( A-E-I-O-U ). Sorry, Y. Related to the word abstain, abstentious can characterize someone who doesn't indulge in excesses
- This earns the word a Guinness World Record. It is also one of the longest monosyllabic words of the English language. 8 Euouae is six letters long, but all of the letters are vowels. It holds two Guinness World Records. It's the longest English word composed exclusively of vowels, and it has the most consecutive vowels of any word
- ylarginylisoleucine (189,819 letters) If we're talking chemistry, the longest chemical name is 189,819 letters long. It is the chemical name for titin , a giant filamentous protein essential to the structure, development, and elasticity of muscle
- Here are the top 10 longest words in the English Language. 10. Honorificabilitudinitatibus This 27-character word is found in Act V, Scene 1 of a Shakespeare play entitled Love's Labour's Lost. The word translates to Honorableness or invincible glorious. 9. Floccinauccinihilipilification This word is 30 characters long
The Tenth longest word in English is Incomprehensibilities. In the 1990s, incomprehensibilities set the record as the longest word in common usage Meaning: Impossible to comprehend. 9 Twyndyllyngs is the longest word without any of the common vowel letters a, e, i, o, or u (although y functions as a vowel in this word). Euouae, at six letters long, is the longest English word consisting only of vowels, and the word with the most consecutive vowels. It is a medieval musical term Antidisestablishmentarianism Antidisestablishmentarianism is very occasionally found in genuine use, but it is most often cited as an example of a very long word. Other similar curiosities are floccinaucinihilipilification and pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (the longest word in this dictionary)
13 of the Longest Words in the English Languag
This 27-letter word coined by Shakespeare, in his comedy Love's Labour's Lost, is a testament to the Bard's own intralexiconic skills. Meaning the state of being able to achieve honors, the word is the longest one in the English language with alternating consonants and vowels (Take a look for yourself.yep.). 9 If you thought you knew what the longest word in the English language is you might want to check out this post. We take a look at just ten of the longest words currently added to the English language and some of them have almost 200,000 letters
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is the longest word in the English dictionary at 45 letters and it refers to a lung disease caused by inhaling silica dust. While the word may look intimidating, it can be broken dow The longest word in the Oxford English Dictionary is 45 letters long: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. According to the OED, this synonym for silicosis was coined in the 1930s as a..
what is the longest word in the english dictionary? The words man and woman were obviously key foundational words of the English language. Originally, man could refer to a person, regardless of their gender, with the words wer specifically referring to a male and wīf, a female. Over time, man became the go-to word for, well, a man It has 189,819 letters. However, in the past it has been disputed whether or not it is a real word - proteins are named after the chemicals involved in making them. The longest word in the Oxford..
. An inflated version of silicosis, this is the full scientific name for a.. The 3 longest words in the English dictionary — and what they mean. Corey Protin. By that definition, here are the 3 longest words in the English dictionary. Follow Tech Insider: On Facebook Now, this word stands as the longest English word in major dictionaries. It clocks in with 45 letters. Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is both coined and technical. However, Oxford Dictionary also notes it is factitious While there are still a few longer words, this one is the longest that you will find in most dictionaries. It refers to a lung disease that forms when you inhale silica or quartz dust. Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters) This word describes a thyroid disorder
The Longest Words In The English Language - Dictionary
What is the longest non-medical word in the dictionary? Antidisestablishmentarianism is considered by many to be the longest non-medical, non-coined, nontechnical word in the English language. The word refers to a 19th-century British political movement which opposed proposals for the disestablishment of the Church of England The Longest Word in an English Dictionary. If that word doesn't count because it was made up, then the fact is that there are people who love creating long words just for the sake of it. The longest word that regularly turns up in most English dictionaries is also suspected of being a construct This word has never been used; it was artificially contrived to be the longest word in the English language. 43 letters if I counted correctly. The second longest is with 28 letters, antidisestablishmentarianism might be the best-known long word in English
What's the longest word in the dictionary? If you said antidisestablishmentarianism, you're wrong. The longest word in the Merriam-Webster.com dictionary is currently acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene, which refers to a tough rigid plastic used especially for automobile parts and building materials, also helpfully known as ABS Titin: Here's the cream of the crop, the following word is not really a proper term in the sense you probably won't find it in a dictionary, but it is the longest word in English which is interesting to pronounce So, I present to you the full chemical name of the protein Titin
14 of the Longest Words in English Grammarly Blo
- Given a list of strings words representing an English Dictionary, find the longest word in words that can be built one character at a time by other words in words.If there is more than one possible answer, return the longest word with the smallest lexicographical order. If there is no answer, return the empty string
- wikiHow Quick Video on How to Pronounce the Longest Word in the English Dictionary. If you're a language lover, you may have wondered how to say the longest word in.
- 3. The longest word in the dictionary - really official version. Enough with the jokes already! This one is for real! Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism is a 30-letter word defined by the Oxford Dictionaries as a genetic disorder in which the skeletal abnormalities of pseudohypoparathyroidism are present without the biochemical abnormalities common to hypoparathyroidism and.
- 10 Longest Words in the English Language - Iris Readin
- Top 10 Longest Words in English (and the Most Difficult
- The 10 Longest Words in English Language and their Meaning
whats the longest word in the dictionary and what does it
- Top five longest and biggest words in English language
- Top 10 Longest Words in the English Language - Toptenz
- The Top 10 Longest Words in the English Languag
How to Pronounce the Longest Word in the English Dictionary
- What Is the Longest Word in English? Reader's Diges
- what is the longest word in the english dictionary
- The Oldest Words In The English Language - Dictionary
- 'Longest' word has 189,819 letters, takes three hours to
What's the Longest Word in the World? Here are 12 of Them
- The 3 longest words in the English dictionary
- Longest Words in the English Language - YOURDICTIONAR
- What Is the Longest Word in English? Sporcle Blo
- The longest words in english - PaperRater
- What Are Some of the Longest Words in the English Language
- What is the longest word in the english language? And what
No, Antidisestablishmentarianism Is Not the Longest Word
Winnaar Toto 13. Goedendag Kroatisch. Cadeau abonnement Lonely Planet. Scorpion, Season 4 Amazon Prime. Myspirituals. Geboorte versiering raam. Haiku over vrijheid. Cilinderbank. Rolf Tangel ziekenhuis. Nachtelijk zweten bij mannen. Dynamo revisie Spaanse polder. Stichting entrea lindenhout groep. Laptoptas dames. Bazalt Vlissingen. Makelaar Nijmegen huur. Toplaminaat keukenblad prijs. Nederlandse seriemoordenaars wiki. Infrarood camera met bewegingssensor. Kortingscode Slimbestraten. Importheffing Japanse auto. Zandvlekken verwijderen. Mini DV naar pc. Pomeriaan particulier te koop. Koppelverkoop CLOSE UP. List of rifle cartridges. A3 omzetten naar A4 Word. Devoir werkwoord vertaling. Eilandpleister maten. Witte vlekken op natuursteen verwijderen. Oogmasker Kruidvat. Helftheuvel Den Bosch openingstijden. Cencalli Den Haag. Casting opdrachten. Enneagram type 1. Duivenhokken op maat. Troops Boom beach. Met de deur in huis vallen oorsprong. Del rey koekjes. Faeröer eilanden taal. Nationaal Monument. Gedroogde bonen bewaren.
- The Longest Word In The English Language Ginger Softwar
- Longest Word in Dictionary - LeetCod
- This is the longest word in the world Mondly Blo
- The 3 longest words in the English dictionary
- Pronouncing The Longest Words In English